CEO Clayton Reid shares his optimism with AdAge on its Marketer’s Brief podcast. He reveals his expert strategies on what travel brands should be focusing on right now to navigate the COVID-19 pandemic. Some key takeaways:
- It may not feel like it right now, but our research around past crises shows that we should be optimistic about a travel rebound, beginning with local and regional leisure trips.
- Right now, most travel brands should be planning for the recovery phase so they’re well-positioned when travel bounces back – because it will be a competitive space.
- We’ve seen travel brands shift to messages of inspiration, aspiration and hope. As we get closer to recovery, it will be time to pivot again.
- Though we’re witnessing short-term survival strategies in terms of flexible rebooking and cancellation policies, don’t expect to see that become the norm in the long-term.
- Pent-up demand is generating this cautious optimism. Travel is part of the human condition, and people tend to return to their behaviors when a crisis subsides.