We have an immediate position available for a SVP, Chief Human Resources Officer in our Kansas City, MO office.
Plans, directs, and coordinates human resource management activities for the entire company to maximize the strategic use of human resources. Responsible for leading and maintaining functions such as employee compensation, employee benefits, recruitment, employee training and development, HR policies and procedures, employee relations and regulatory compliance.
The SVP, Chief Human Resources Officer will spend the majority of his/her time doing the following:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Strategic lead for all HR functions; manages HR staff and coordinates the activities, programs and HR plans throughout the company.
- Works with senior management to ensure HR initiatives are aligned with the objectives and goals of the company.
- Establishes credibility throughout the organization to be an effective listener and problem solver of people issues.
- Develops appropriate policies and programs for effective management of the people resources of the organization. Included in this area would be programs for employee relations, diversity, employee complaints, external education and career development, among others.
- Evaluates and advises on the impact of long-range planning of new programs/strategies and regulatory action as those items affect the attraction, motivation, development and retention of the people resources of the organization.
- Drives organization-wide strategy for recruiting, onboarding, developing, identifying and retaining exceptional and diverse talent from within and outside the organization for positions of responsibility.
- Champions and promotes an engaged and positive organizational culture, facilitating collaboration across programs and strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels.
- Manages organizational change to increase employee satisfaction and productivity.
- Develops, oversees and enhances integrated performance management systems to ensure a focus on company goals; development of employee capabilities and career potential; aligned reward systems; and retention of talent .
- Reviews, writes and makes recommendations to senior management for improvement and addition of company policies, procedures and practices in relation to HR matters.
- Develops progressive and proactive compensation and benefits programs to provide motivation, incentives and rewards for effective performance. Assists CFO with the development and maintenance of the annual salary budget.
- Maintains knowledge of employment legislation and reporting regulations to ensure the company’s legal compliance with these laws and regulations and to achieve and sustain a highly productive, motivated and engaged workforce.
- Continually assesses the competitiveness of all programs and practices against relevant comparable companies, industries and markets. Conducts periodic analysis of various benefit programs cost, design and effectiveness.
- Makes presentations to management on topics related to HR and HR initiatives.
- Maintains awareness of international HR policies, programs, laws and issues.
- Understands the differences of domestic and international policies and programs and coordinates and aligns the integration of all such programs where applicable.
- Serves as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering policies and helping resolve work-related problems.
- Supervises, mentors, coaches and guides HR staff by providing employees with a working environment that enables them to accomplish all internal expectations and to develop professionally.
- Provides technical advice and knowledge to others within the human resource discipline.
- Evaluates the HR division structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as for providing individuals with professional and personal growth opportunities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 7+ years’ experience, at least 3 years in HR management position
- SPHR certification preferred
- Extensive knowledge of human resources principles
- High level of proficiency with MS Office products Excel and Word
- Bachelor’s degree required
Reports to: CFO & EVP, Operations
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements when you apply or contact: