We have an immediate opening for an Account Director in our Los Angeles office, Myriad International Marketing.
Myriad is an established tourism marketing company with offices in New York and Los Angeles. We provide marketing solutions for the travel industry including marketing for international tourist offices.
- Manages 1 – 3 clients that are multi-discipline / integrated accounts
- Manages multiple (3 – 5) direct reports
- Works highly independently to deliver on plans for client
- Overseas all day to day delivery of client plans / deliverables
- Contributes to new business opportunities
- Identifies opportunities within portfolio for incremental revenue growth
- Contributes to company wide forecasting and review of profitability for client(s)
Account Director is responsible for leading the day-to-day activities of a multi-channel client or clients. Candidate must have strong leadership skills that can thrive under pressure, and who is an expert at cultivating strong business partnerships with clients. This individual must be strategic, highly organized, and driven to achieve.
Candidates MUST speak and write fluent Mandarin to be considered for this role.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Daily management of account teams across multiple channels for one to three tourist office clients;
- High degree of daily client interaction – in-person meetings, phone, email, etc.
- Develop and facilitate strategic marketing plans;
- Lead team and client meetings;
- Establish and manage client budget and achieve agency billing goals;
- Manage all project budgets
- Manage all aspects of the Taipei office including staffing, budgeting etc.
- Integrate the efforts of all internal agency departments (channel planning, consumer insights, media, creative, promotions, production, interactive/web development, eCRM, analytics, etc.) to optimize client plan results;
- Implementation of integrated marketing campaigns including paid media, experiential events, social media campaigns etc
- Cultivate team mentality and build strong mutual trust between client and agency;
- Ability to manage up to senior executives to ensure delivery of agency and client objectives
- Apply knowledge of creative, media, public relations, traffic and production departments;
- Develop and present client goals for client approval;
- Oversee client KPI goals to ensure client targets are meet:
- Oversee all administrative aspects for the account
- Manage staff resources, time allocations, annual reviews:
- Develop industry partnerships for the benefit of the client and agency:
- Domestic and international travel is required: up to 25% of time
- 7+ years of agency experience in account management at the AS level or higher
- Excellent command of English and Mandarin essential;
- Knowledge of Taiwan;
- Experience managing direct reports;
- Experience in hospitality/travel industry strongly desired;
- Experience in managing international tourist board accounts;
- Strategic marketing experience strongly desired;
- Excellent understanding of marketing metrics;
- Cultural understanding of clients specific needs;
- Ability to work in a face paced environment;
- Must be highly effective at mentoring junior staff members;
- Strong leadership skills and ability to establish trust and partnerships;
- Excellent phone, verbal and written communication skills;
- Senior-level presentation skills are a must;
- Proofreading and attention to detail;
- Comfortable working under tight deadlines;
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office software
- 4-year college degree
- Group Account Director or Vice President