We have an immediate opening for a Support Engineer in our New York City office.
The Support Engineer is primarily responsible for managing all aspects of the MMGY end user computer experience. From provisioning, to computer build and software installation, configuration, and support, the Support Engineer is responsible for providing outstanding support to all MMGY employees. The successful Support Engineer understands that your co-workers are customers first, co-workers second.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- The Support Engineer needs to be comfortable working with both Macs and PCs, which includes installing the operating system and all required software.
- Responsible for provisioning, troubleshooting, and managing employee phones, which use a VoIP phone system.
- Must proactively support all office printers, faxes, & other core business services, including installing and updating drivers on customer computers, and ensure these services are always functioning reliably
- Must possess and demonstrate the ability to identify problems and provide solutions whenever possible.
- Computers rarely break at a convenient time. The Support Engineer will be required to perform occasional after-hours work, as needed.
- Track and document all customer computers, printers and peripheral to manage inventory
- Candidate must have practical experience provisioning and managing user accounts in a Microsoft Active Directory network. MMGY also uses a collection of end user tools such as GSuite, Meraki VPN, Rumpus, etc. and each of your customers will require their own account.
- Must possess problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills, along with patience, a customer-friendly attitude and the ability to work in a team environment. You must be able to translate complex technical concepts into terms the non-technologist will understand. You will also be expected to maintain and deliver new employee training when employees join our agency.
- MMGY uses the Spiceworks Help Desk. The Support Engineer is expected to work issues efficiently as they are submitted to the Help Desk system
- Know What You Know and Know When You Don’t Know - Support Engineer will be knowledgeable in IS but will be expected to be proactive and resourceful in getting expert help when needed
- Mustbe an active participant in continually improving your skills
- Must work and play well with others, lend a hand when and where you see a need, get your hands dirty when needed, and be committed to the success of the agency and our clients
- Must be comfortable dealing with ambiguity and getting scrappy when needed
- Three years' experience in support/systems administration
- Three years’ experience with Apple operating systems and creative/office applications and Microsoft operating systems and office applications
- Experience in Google Apps for Domains support/systems administration (Preferred)
- Advertising agency experience a plus
- Some travel required, may include international travel
- High School diploma required
- Associate's or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Reports to : Manager, Information Systems
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements when you apply. For any questions, email:
VP, Human Resources