We are the acknowledged global leader for behavioral insights in every aspect of the travel industry. This includes both consumers and third-party intermediaries such as travel agents and meeting planners. Our staff of research analysts design and implement primary research to reveal valuable proprietary insights that enhance the effectiveness of your integrated marketing efforts. These insights inform the development of your strategy and message.
Among the syndicated studies we author are:
MMGY Global 2015 Portrait of American Travelers®
Now in its 25th year, the MMGY Global Portrait of American Travelers® is the most insightful and actionable survey of the emerging vacation habits, preferences & intentions of Americans. The study includes more than 400 variables, with the data provided on every variable for all travelers, by generation and by income group. Additionally, to provide additional insights into market trends over time, data for overall, Millennial and Affluent travelers are presented through a three-year window, empowering the reader with the ability to forecast and put the data to immediate use.Purchase
The only forward-viewing national survey of future leisure travel intentions of Americans. Conducted every 90 days.Purchase
travelhorizons™ - 4 Quarters
The only forward-viewing national survey of future leisure travel intentions of Americans. Conducted every 90 days.
Purchase all four quarters of the report at a discounted price. Buy 3 get 1 free.Purchase
For more information about these research programs, to order a report, or commission a custom study relevant to your specific destination or business, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our research extends well beyond our syndicated reports. We also prepare detailed target market profiles for use by travel marketers. By isolating groups of travelers based on such variables as destination preferences, brand choice, demographics, media habits, and planning and booking behavior, we prepare rich audience profiles. These insights guide critical marketing decisions such as channel mix, promotional strategies and product development.
Partial Client List
- Ashonorte/Puerta Plata
- American Society of Travel Agents (ASTA)
- Choice Hotels International
- Connecticut Office of Tourism
- Delaware North Companies
- Kennedy Space Center
- Macau Government Tourist Office
- Napa Valley Destination Council
- Nassau/Paradise Island Promotion Board
- National Association of RV Parks & Campgrounds
- Preferred Hotels & Resorts
- Terranea Resort
- The Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau
- The Leading Hotels of the World
- Travel Channel
- Vail Resorts
Our experienced analysts complete exhaustive studies in numerous travel categories. These include lodging, destinations, transportation, gaming, restaurants, spas, cruise lines, car rentals, airlines, and attractions. We also study related product categories such as resort real estate, vacation ownership, meetings and conventions, tour and travel trade, and all-inclusive resorts.
- Qualitative and Quantitative Research
- Macro-Environmental Scanning
- Secondary Marketing Research
- Stakeholder Interviews
- Group Think Tanks
- Traditional and Online Focus Groups
- Online, Telephone and Intercept Surveys
- Conjoint Analysis
- Perceptual Mapping, Positioning Analysis
- Brand Identity Resonance Testing
ORLANDO, Fla. – A new study by leading integrated travel marketing firm, MMGY Global, revealed active travelers have a remarkably high intention to participate in the upcoming presidential election. Released today, the latest national travelhorizons™ survey polled 1,800 U.S. active travelers, or those who took at least one overnight trip greater than 75 miles from home in the last year, about their intentions with respect to the forthcoming election.
Some notable findings include:
Active Travelers Are Heading to the Polls
- A large majority of the active travelers polled indicate they will head to the polls in November 2016, including 95 percent of those who identify themselves as Democrats and 97 percent of those who identify themselves as Republican.
- Overall, the survey found active travelers are more likely to be registered Democrats (42 percent), while roughly the same proportion identify themselves as Independents (30 percent) or are affiliated with the Republican party (28 percent).
The Final Race Will Be Between Trump and Clinton
- If the election were held today, among active Republican travelers, 28 percent would vote for Donald Trump, with 17 percent voting for Ben Carson.
- Among Democrats who are active travelers, Hillary Clinton would be the candidate of choice if the election were held today: 42 percent would vote for Clinton, and 22 percent for Sanders.
These results, as well as those for the other contenders, are summarized below.
*At the time of the survey, Joe Biden was still considering running.
For more information about these insights, or to obtain a copy of the full travelhorizons™ report, visit our research page.