The Carousel shows up for the vast majority of lodging search terms:
Carousel has also been released for mobile browsers:
Additionally, there has been the release of Google Hotel Finder:
Given how quickly this landscape has changed, we wanted to provide 5 quick tips on how to survive and thrive in the new local search environment.
1. Have a verified Google+ page
- Instructions to verify are here.
- Do not create a new page if a page already exists. Simply claim & verify the existing page.
3. Make certain that the URL is correct
- Do not use a Vanity URL.
- Do not use a UTM code in the URL.
- Shared domains are okay, as long as the URL goes to the most specific page for the property.
- Verify the URL of your website:
- Instructions here
- Optimize categories
- For most hotels, you will want to choose "Hotel" as the first category.
- For Resorts, choose "Resort" as the first category with "Hotel" as the second category.
- For Hotels with Conference Centers, choose "Conference Center" as the second or third category.
- Google is looking at thousands of other websites in order to verify your business information. Inconsistent information can cause major problems for your local search presence.