We have an immediate position available for an Account Manager, Public Relations with Myriad International Marketing, a MMGY Global company in our Los Angeles, CA location.
We are seeking an enthusiastic PR and social media professional to work with our international tourist board clients.
Do you meet the following criteria?
Forward-thinking, modern PR practitioner who isn’t afraid of trying new-out-of-the-box PR approaches.
- Possess existing media and influencer relationships within the travel / tourism PR industry.
- A ‘can-do’ attitude with experiencing in both client and team management
- Proven track record managing and driving client or in-house PR programs forward.
The Account Manager, Public Relations will spend the majority of his/her time doing the following:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining key media contacts for pitches & press trip opportunities
- Overseeing a group of tourism and airline related PR accounts along with Account Director
- Managing account coordinators and interns
- Developing and executing story pitches
- Planning & attending desk-side series
- Direct and create content, including press releases, developing messaging and managing media inquiries
- Planning, executing and hosting press trips and media events
- Collaborate on integrated media initiatives & native content opportunities
- Strategize, manage and execute social media programs
- Monitor and report on results from all activities
Additional Roles and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to brainstorm on initiatives across client portfolio
- Manage timelines and delivery of projects
- Providing input and recommendations on social media programs
- Coordinating special events and promotions on behalf of clients
- Contribute to new business pitches where appropriate
- 4+ years’ experience in travel, tourism or hospitality Public Relations is essential.
- Minimum 4 year college degree
Reports to: Director of Client Services
Please send cover letter, resume, salary requirements and five reasons you would be great for this role to:
VP, Human Resources